Legislative and policy reforms and enforcing them in budget transparency, procurement, access to information, and whistleblower protection. In addition to promoting social accountability, where citizens of Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, and Tunisia are empowered to report on corruption and hold their governments to account. “Access to information” Laws enables citizens to ask for information. TI’s NCs will oversee, facilitate and fund the implementation of these newly adopted laws through raising citizens’ awareness of their right to access information as well as their right for protection if they blow the whistle on corruption crimes.
COMPONENT 1 (2018)
LTA held the first workshop to announce the project, with 6 CSOs who attended the workshop, and later on, other NGOs contacted LTA, who showed their interest in being part of the Mouwazana Coalition.
COMPONENT 1 (2019)
1. Workshop on “Social Accountability and monitoring of Budget” delivered by HAMA Zeidan from AMAN, 15 participants attended the workshop form 8 CSOs.
2. Quarterly meetings of Mouwazana Coalition.
3. Capacity Building workshop for Mouwazana coalition in collaboration with the Institute of Finance About on the “National Budget and reform”.
4. LTA produced the following Publications:
- Fiscal Transparency (In Arabic)
- Asset Recovery (In Arabic)
- Budget 2019 - Non-existent reforms despite in the midst of Crisis
COMPONENT 1 (2020)
1. Quarterly meetings of CSTMBT
2. 2 Video conferences were organized (Zoom Webinars):
- First video conference with Lamia Moubayed head of the Bassel Fleihan Institute of Finance at the Ministry of Finance.
Topic: Public procurement reform in Lebanon.
- Second video conference with Dr. Mahmoud Abou Haidar the General Director at the Ministry of Economic and Trade.
Topic: “Role of the Ministry of Economy and Trade in protecting citizens and promoting transparency”.
3. Production of 6 educational videos on Illicit Enrichment, Public Procurement, Asset Recovery, Fiscal Transparency (2), SDGs with an emphasis on SDG16, these videos will be used within the School of Governance.
4. 15 Generic videos highlighting the importance of transparency in different field / sectors and introducing governance in general.
5. 5 informative videos highlighting the consequences of the COVID 19 crisis on the health, economic, social and poverty.
6. 5 Info graphs on COVID19 Highlighting the importance of the transparency on the procurement and management of the crises.
7. 3 policy papers were produced on the topics below:
- Lebanese Health care corruption, recommendation for an Anti-Corruption Strategy with 6 Info graphs briefing the main points on the paper.
- Budget 2021 and the Financial and Economic crises with 6 info graphs debriefing the main points on the paper.
- The new Illicit Enrichment Law with 7 info graphs debriefing the main points on the paper.
8. LTA organized an online Webinar on the new Illicit Enrichment law with Ministry of Justice representative: Judge Rana Akoum.
9. Press release published with 6 CSOs form Mouwazana coalitions demanding the parliament to: “Amend the Illicit Enrichment Law and include in it the Public Disclosure of Asset and Accounts declaration.
10. Webinar on the 9th of December 2020 (international Anti-corruption day) two panels on Transparency in reconstruction and Forensic audit.
11. Organized a meeting for the “Mouwazana” Coalition to discuss suggestions of joint efforts to monitor transparency in Aid and Reconstruction efforts after Beirut Explosion.
12. LTA, TI and Issam Fares Institute launched “Beirut blast recovery and reconstruction monitor” to track & assess the transparency / effectiveness of aid in response to the Beirut Blast.
COMPONENT 2 (LALAC) 2019
1. LALAC received 350 calls, 330 complaints and 20 calls requesting information on the Association.
2. LTA created 12 Info graphs:
- 3 on LALAC
- 9 On Access to Information Law & Decrees
3. 2 videos to promote LALAC and push citizens to report on corruption.
4. SMS campaign.
5. Policy paper on Financial Disclosure and Asset Declaration System (AR/ En).
1. LALAC received 325 calls, 293 complains and 32 information requests about the association.
2. LALAC designed 6 info graphs to promote the work of the center and its services and to encourage citizens and victims to call in and report cases of corruption.
3. 1 doodle video regarding the corruption in the health sector (COVID19) and the distribution of aids after the 4th August explosion Beirut.
4. Created a platform to support Civil Society Organization and other initiatives working on relief effort to assess their transparency levels. (Transparent Hearts: www.transparent-hearts.org)
5. For the International Day of Anti-Corruption, LTA organized an Arts competition to engage citizens in expressing their perception of corruption in the wake of the Beirut Explosion. Visuals were created and shared on social media to conduct outreach. Prizes were distributed to the 3rd, 2nd and 1st place winners.
6. Several meetings with different ministries and public institutions to tackle the importance of transparency and its promotion.
7. 3 investigative videos in collaboration with Issam Fares Institute regarding the reconstruction of Beirut and the distribution of aids. Published during the 9th of December International Day for Anti-Corruption Webinar.