Donor: Transparency International
Partners: No partners
Promoting legislative and policy reforms as well as enforcement and implementation of these reforms in budget transparency, procurement, right to access information, and whistleblower protection. In addition to promoting social accountability, where citizens of Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, and Tunisia are empowered to report on corruption and hold their governments to account. The Right to Access Information laws enables citizens to ask for information. TI’s NCs oversees and facilitate the implementation of these newly adopted laws by raising citizens’ awareness of their right to access information as well as their right to protection if they blow the whistle on corruption crimes.
LTA held the first workshop to announce the project, 6 CSOs attended the workshop, and later other NGOs expressed their interest to LTA to be part of the Mouwazana Coalition.
· Workshop on “Social Accountability and monitoring of Budget” delivered by HAMA Zeidan from AMAN, 15 participants attended the workshop from 8 CSOs
· Quarterly meetings of the Mouwazana Coalition
· Capacity Building workshop for the Mouwazana Coalition in collaboration with the Bassel Fleihan Institute of Finance on the “National Budget and Reform”
· LTA produced the following Publications:
- Fiscal Transparency (In Arabic)
- Asset Recovery (In Arabic)
- Budget 2019 - Non-existent Reforms Despite in the Midst of Crisis
· Quarterly meetings of CSTMBT
· 2 Video conferences were organized (Zoom Webinars):
- First video conference with Dr. Lamia Moubayed Head of the Bassel Fleihan Institute of Finance at the Ministry of Finance.
Topic Public procurement reform in Lebanon
- Second video conference with Dr. Mahmoud Abou Haidar the Directorate General of the Ministry of Economy and Trade.
Topic “Role of the Ministry of Economy and Trade in Protecting Citizens and Promoting Transparency”
· Production of 6 educational videos on Illicit Enrichment, Public Procurement, Asset Recovery, Fiscal Transparency (2), SDGs with an emphasis on SDG16, these videos will be used under LTA’s School of Governance
· 15 Generic Videos highlighting the importance of transparency in different fields/sectors and introducing governance in general
· 5 informative Videos highlighting the consequences of the COVID-19 crisis on health, economic, social, and poverty levels
· 5 Info graphs on COVID-19 highlighting the importance of transparency in the procurement and management of the response to the pandemic
· 3 policy papers were produced on the topics below:
- Lebanese Health Care Corruption, Recommendation for an Anti-Corruption Strategy with 6 info-graphs debriefing the main points of the paper.
- The 2021 Budget, and the Financial and Economic Crisis with 6 info-graphs debriefing the main points of the paper.
- The new Financial and Asset Disclosure and the Punishment of Illicit Enrichment Law with 7 info-graphs debriefing the main points of the paper.
· LTA organized an online Webinar on the new Financial and Asset Disclosure and the Punishment of Illicit Enrichment Law with the Ministry of Justice representative Judge Rana Akoum
· Press Release with 6 CSOs from the Mouwazana Coalition calling on the Lebanese Parliament to amend the Illicit Enrichment law and include the “Public Disclosure of Asset and Accounts Declaration” in its provisions
· Webinar on the 9th of December 2020 (International Anti-corruption Day) two panels on Transparency in the Reconstruction of Beirut after the 4th of August, 2020 Blast and Forensic audit
· Organizing a meeting for the Mouwazana Coalition to discuss suggestions of joint efforts to monitor transparency in Aid and Reconstruction efforts after the Beirut Blast on the 4th of August, 2020
· LTA, TI, and the Issam Fares Institute at the American University of Beirut launched the “Beirut Blast Recovery and Reconstruction Monitor” to track and assess the transparency and effectiveness of aid in responses to the Beirut Blast
Component 2 (LALAC)
· LALAC received 350 Calls, 330 Complaints, and 20 Calls requesting information on the Association
· LTA created 12 info-graphs:
- 3 on LALAC
- 9 on the Right to Access Information Law and Implementation Decree
· 2 Videos to promote LALAC and encourage citizens and victims of corruption to call in and report cases of corruption
· SMS Campaign
· Policy Paper on the Financial Disclosure and Asset Declaration System (Ar/En)
· LALAC received 325 Calls, 293 Complaints, and 32 Calls requesting information on the Association
· LALAC produced 6 info-graphs to promote its work and services and to encourage citizens and victims of corruption to call in and report cases of corruption
· 1 doodle video on COVID-19-related corruption in the Health Sector and the distribution of aid after 4th of August, 2020 Beirut Blast
· Creation of a platform to support CSOs and Initiatives working in relief to assess their transparency. (Transparent Hearts: www.transparent-hearts.org)
· On the International Day of Anti-Corruption, LTA organized an Art competition to engage citizens in expressing their perception of corruption in the wake of the Beirut Explosion. Visuals were created and shared on social media to conduct outreach. Prizes were distributed to the 3rd, 2nd, and 1st place candidates.
· Several meetings with different Ministries and Public Administrations to tackle the importance of transparency and promote it within the public sphere.
· 3 investigative videos in collaboration with the Issam fares Institute at the American University of Beirut on the reconstruction of Beirut and the distribution of aid. Disseminated during the 9th of December International Day for Anti-Corruption Event.